Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) May 04, 2012
Pinterests meteoric rise up the social media ladder shows that clearly, it must be doing something right. After careful consideration of the elements behind the social platforms popularity, as well as in-depth access to email marketing conversion analytics, Comm100 developed the following list of recommendations.
1. Make It Visual – Pinterest is a virtual pin board that relies heavily on the visual. Integrating visual elements throughout an email keep the reader engaged and interested. Visuals illustrate and emphasize ideas much more powerfully than mere words by causing the left and right sides of the brain to work together. However, it is important for email composers to remember to use visuals sparingly as many email clients block visuals. Just like a well-created Pinterest board, visuals should balance the rest of the content and text in email.
2. Make It Easily Digestible – At a glance, a first-time Pinterest visitor can figure out what the site is about. A successful email is likewise easy to figure out. Additionally, the comment section on an individual pin is most effective when it is short, to the point, applicable to other pinners and personal. Email marketers should use these methods when crafting their email subject lines to increase the open rates on an email.
3. Make It Shareable – Sharing is the heart of Pinterests platform. An effective email contains information worth sharing and an easy way to share that information, such as a “forward this email to a friend” action button. Also, social sharing buttons and social media icons are commonly considered a must-have element of any well-executed email campaign.
4. Keep Spam Out Of It – Pinterest recently came into the crosshairs of spammers and that influx of spam has aggravated the whole community. The outrage felt by loyal pinners is similar to the feelings of email readers when they are being spammed via email. Smart email marketers will avoid spamming or causing their list to feel as though they are being spammed, by not emailing too frequently and by providing valuable content and information, not just a sales pitch.
5. Make Action Easy – Hovering over an individual pin on Pinterest pops up a “Repin” button. With two simple clicks, a user can pin a discovery to their own board. This ease of action is duplicated in an email when the call to action process is just as easy.
According to Amy Gu, VP of Comm100, “Imitation is the highest form of flattery, and it’s also smart business acumen to imitate a successful social model. By integrating elements of Pinterest into email marketing campaigns, marketers can dramatically increase their open, click-through and conversion rates. ”
About Comm100 Email Marketing
Comm100 Email Marketing is the powerful email marketing software that offers all the features needed to implement a successful email campaign, including high inbox delivery rate, engaging and personalized email templates, the ability to segment and target email lists, precise and organized tracking capabilities and much more.
Comm100 is the leading global provider of enterprise-level customer service and communication solutions. Growing at an unprecedented rate, Comm100 has won the trust of over 188,000 businesses from all over the world. Comm100 gives businesses an unmatched power to communicate effectively with their customers through multiple channels and deliver superior customer experience. Comm100 products include Live Chat, Email Marketing, Support Ticket, Help Desk, Forum and Knowledge Base.
Related Templates Press Releases